Describe "that feeling"

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Describe "that feeling"
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 at 10:45 Quote
The feeling of euphoria when you hit something you thought you wouldn't do, when you push yourself past the fear barrier, give it your all and convert all that anxiety and worry into pure happiness and adrenalin. It's what dreams are made of.

Posted: Oct 1, 2007 at 10:56 Quote
Omg there is so much passion put into these responses. There is some deep things being said, and it's so true.

Posted: Oct 1, 2007 at 10:59 Quote
bonzibryan wrote:
I mountain bike because I'm forever chasing what I've already found. Solitude, when your run is coming together perfect, and it seems like everything is silent. The only sound is your heartbeat. Then your riding buddy lets out a hoot of excitment reeling you back into reality. Thats why I ride

amen to that

FL
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 at 11:11 Quote
harriieee wrote:
The feeling of euphoria

Sums it up perfectly

Posted: Oct 1, 2007 at 11:41 Quote
For me it is when you reach the perfect harmony of rider and bike, when you become one with the bike and the trail, flowing seamlessly like water.
Depression is left behind at the beggining of the trail, along with fears and worries.
Mind focused on one thing, and one thing alone... .perfect emptiness.
The adrenaline rush, the same feeling that you get when something terrible happens, and the indescribable feeling inside is perversly amazing, even if what happened is terrible.
There is nothing more wonderful than this, yet one cannot describe it with the words we have, only feel it!

Posted: Oct 1, 2007 at 14:15 Quote
The feeling of adrenaline, the feeling of flow, the feeling of accoplishment, The works. It feels so good to have accomplished something such as (biking) and who is to question that.

FL
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 at 21:35 Quote
when I ride DH, it's me, the bike and the trail. Nothing less, nothing more.

that's what I like.

Posted: Oct 1, 2007 at 21:45 Quote
i think i have head problems lol cause that feeling to me is the fact that when the trail is perfect when the jump is good its like watchin g tv with a lot mor adrenaline. you just forget everything and just go and when u get to the bottom you get to look back up at the hill look over at your bud and just smile.

its like spiritual inlightenment with a much more expensive but more filing route.

and if your an xc its an escape its a like finding a life youve put in the draw next to your jersey and when they come out you get to some places and just.... wow...

Posted: Oct 1, 2007 at 21:46 Quote
it makes m smile just thinking bout it

Posted: Oct 1, 2007 at 21:52 Quote
i usually experience that great feeling rippin a downhill/freeride trail. That feeling is called flow. The flow is a state of mind you are in when experienceing leisure at its true potential. It occurs usually when your skills meet the challenge at hand. You loose self conscinceness in other words you become one with the trail. This somewhat complex theory was developed for leisure in general by a man named Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi (dont ask how to pernounce). (How the hell do I know this, I happen to be studying recreation and leisure in university right now). I find that the this theory applies perfect to biking. When I am challenged enought that I am not bored but not overwhelmed, you have to find the right trail to push your limits, but not demolish them. I have even read of Brian Lopes talking about this flow.

Posted: Oct 1, 2007 at 21:54 Quote
I am majoring in recreational leadership too. I agree thats a good explanation I think

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 1:00 Quote
the freedom. . . and when i havent been riding i do get withdrawl. Seriously my legs especially they start to jitter randomly and my muscles do weird things and i cant get riding out of my head.

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 1:44 Quote
For me riding is like escaping from reality. During that time you'r completely focused on what you'r doing and pretty much forget everything else.
And that sense of flow, freedom and accomplishment is what makes it so addictive, it keeps the adrenaline rushing and creates that great sense of euphoria. That perfect ride just can't be put into words, you have to feel it.

Not being able to ride for a couple of weeks for whatever reason just starts to make me somewhat nervous.. I suppose just like a drug calling..

Cheers, keep riding! tup

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 5:21 Quote
unicorn-bob wrote:
Omg there is so much passion put into these responses. There is some deep things being said, and it's so true.

of course its passionate thats why its so damn hard for any guy to describe

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 5:46 Quote
i think the best feeling is when u try something but stop at the last minute then u do it again and do it that leaves u feeling on top of the world

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013398
Mobile Version of Website