The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Feb 5, 2019 at 23:28 Quote
Maxxis tanwalls definitely hold up better than the Schwalbe equivalents. The side walls on the Nobby Nics I had were made out of paper.

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 5:49 Quote
In an attempt to try and keep it short and not get off the topic of "Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtails"......That's my point, tan walls do not come with burly casings for burly riding (which I interpret "enduro" as being burly and needing robust builds/tires.) I'm not comparing brands (we all know that non-gravity casing Schwables are comparable to baloney skin). Rim damage happens, rims are disposable! But I'm talking about rock cuts, sidewall cuts etc.... trail produced damage. Skin walls just aren't the same as legit heavy casing tires. But maybe for some folks on their trails, they work, but at that point, I question the trails themselves. Let's see more sexy bikes!

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 6:51 Quote
metaam wrote:
JesseE wrote:
metaam wrote:

It's always better to have tires that knob than a knob that tires.

Aw crap, we gotta tanwall hater!

Tanwall hater? Not me, the comment was more pole stamina related. lol

My bad!

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 8:56 Quote
metaam wrote:
JesseE wrote:

Do your tires even knob, bro?

That's a brilliant quote! The best I read since Laurie Greenlands 'Tell me where I'll be there, sideways.''

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 10:33 Quote
That just looks wrong.

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 11:04 Quote
That Sonder is well done. Never been a huge fan of that style dropout/chain/seatstay but I like this one.

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 11:37 Quote
Bit annoying how the 650b dhf tans are only available in EXO casing. The 26 inch version is 3C and dual ply, best tires ever.

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 11:37 Quote
mayo-22 wrote:
photo

That looks a beauty...but obviously spent so much on Enve bits they ended up with XT cranks? It's screaming out for better cranks IMHO and a no decal saddle.

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 12:42 Quote
matther01 wrote:
mayo-22 wrote:
photo

That looks a beauty...but obviously spent so much on Enve bits they ended up with XT cranks? It's screaming out for better cranks IMHO and a no decal saddle.

Not being carbon fan (in fact, I am carbon hater lol)... will you spend more (proportionally) on cranks than wheels ?

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 16:25 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
photo
photo

Purdy. Like the color too.

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 16:26 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
photo
photo

Yum, yum, yum.

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 16:40 Quote
metaam wrote:
JesseE wrote:

Amazing.

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 20:24 Quote
privateer-wbc wrote:
metaam wrote:
JesseE wrote:

Amazing.

Certainly the best quote I've read all year, not likely to be topped before fall/winter.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025684
Mobile Version of Website