Official Pinkbike drifters thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Official Pinkbike drifters thread
Posted: Jul 16, 2014 at 11:21 Quote
The BMW is just gonna become his main drift car because he's gonna blow up the boxer again Wink

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2014 at 12:12 Quote
It's not gonna blow up again because he will probably never finish tuning it. Drift potato is pretty much non-existent nowadays.

Posted: Jul 16, 2014 at 12:56 Quote
I know its just Shawn again pretty much.

Posted: Jul 16, 2014 at 13:46 Quote
cbc24 wrote:
On a side note, I picked up a 1990 stang for a friend and so far we've installed a trick flow intake upper and lower, bbk headers, flowmaster rear axle pipes, 25lbs injectors. Tried drifting it but the weight transfer was awful, the rear would squat and the front would lift and literally whip you around, donuts for days! So he found some nice solid rear control arms and 500$ coilovers for it, some more cutting and gutting ensued.

So all in all it was a productive day, the stang can hold a drift now but now we will make custom knuckles, needs more angle.
I've heard that SN95 knuckles work for more angle on Foxes. Used to have one myself and that was my next step until I grenaded the trans. I'm sure a simple search on Corral.net would get you some good reads.

Posted: Jul 16, 2014 at 13:51 Quote
Don't hate my v8 is a mustang drift forum that's pretty decent. Your best bet is custom parts from mike goddard.

Posted: Jul 16, 2014 at 14:11 Quote
Ours is fun in the rain lol

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2014 at 14:01 Quote
https://vimeo.com/m/100801124

Tbt: that time Nate broke his axles so dodologoc filmed all of our asses as we pushed him off track

Posted: Jul 17, 2014 at 21:58 Quote
It's a great vid

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2014 at 13:35 Quote
Twins, any vids of the track that they'd be using for the villains invitational? I'm seriously considering making the trip...

Posted: Jul 22, 2014 at 14:31 Quote
Sorry mike there's never been a drift event here so there is none. It's just a open parking lot for a drag strip. Apparently we got other options now but idk where that would be. The cc parking lot is big enough but idk.

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2014 at 18:04 Quote
Oh it's a parking lot event? I thought It was in the same track as sld... That big oval thing. I'm deciding between doing our dday practice event and 2 day matsuri at the end of August OR doing the villains thing, but if it's just a parking lot that makes the choice easyier...

Posted: Jul 22, 2014 at 19:43 Quote
If you guys haven't yet go like our Instagram. Villains_drift

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 8:22 Quote
mstokman wrote:
Oh it's a parking lot event? I thought It was in the same track as sld... That big oval thing. I'm deciding between doing our dday practice event and 2 day matsuri at the end of August OR doing the villains thing, but if it's just a parking lot that makes the choice easyier...

The Villians thing would be good, its nice to get out of town and meet some new people.

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 10:52 Quote
I agree. I'm signed up for the aug10 event so I'm not going to be driving the villains thing, but depending if Steve plans on going and how long he goes for I might just tag along with him.
Need more tandem practice/car setup before traveling that far to completely suck.

In other drift car news, angle kit is 100% done and ready to install, and I'm making my rear end toe adjustable so I'll be able to run less camber and more grip is just more better. Also going to try and get a 3.91 ratio diff to weld (stock is a 3.15 LSD) to try out. Would help save some of the lack of bottom end power I have.

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 8:56 Quote
I did some stancing. It looks pretty neat. But I'm on mobile so the pic is in Instagram @mikestokman

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015069
Mobile Version of Website