Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Mod
Posted: May 9, 2023 at 14:16 Quote
tom666 wrote:
BeaverCreaker wrote:
I’m in no rush. I’ll do some research on these European websites, thanks for pointing that out. I do this sometimes with ski gear, I feel like a dummy for not checking in Canada or Europe.

It’s also not the best time of year to be looking for downhill deals, with park season right around the corner.

I would suggest that it is a good time actually - inventories are super high at the moment and a lot of online stores are very short of cash and likely to be trying to liquidate some stock
now is the best time

Posted: May 9, 2023 at 14:56 Quote
Do you guys mean for actual inventory? Or for deals?

Inventory I agree.

For deals I agree general bike deals are great right now. Buyers market for everything..

…except for big ticket DH items like frames, forks and wheels. Maybe I’m just an idiot, but I cannot find a lot of deals on the new 2023 DH bikes/frames/forks.

Like 2023 Trek Session, Specialized Demo, Nukeproof Dissent, and Transition TR11. Forks like Marzocchi 58 aren’t in stock, and can’t find great deals on Boxxer Select or Fox 40 Performance.

Will be looking international now

O+
Posted: May 9, 2023 at 15:16 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:

Inventory I agree.

For deals I agree general bike deals are great right now. Buyers market for everything..

…except for big ticket DH items like frames, forks and wheels. Maybe I’m just an idiot, but I cannot find a lot of deals on the new 2023 DH bikes/frames/forks.

Like 2023 Trek Session, Specialized Demo, Nukeproof Dissent, and Transition TR11. Forks like Marzocchi 58 aren’t in stock, and can’t find great deals on Boxxer Select or Fox 40 Performance.

Big ticket items will almost always be hard to find deals on if buying new. sites like bike24 are nice to find suspension deals occasionally, but definitely for all the smaller bits and sometimes wheels. Also check out PB BuySell. Shops are trying to get rid of inventory so they are posting brand new items on there. As well as some people are selling completely unused items for a discount

Posted: May 9, 2023 at 16:28 Quote
That Bike 24 site says they do no ship the Boxxers to USA

Mod
Posted: May 9, 2023 at 18:52 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
yep sram/shimano have restrictions. you asked for a bomber 58, i linked one

Posted: May 9, 2023 at 18:53 Quote
mior wrote:
BeaverCreaker wrote:

Oooh derp. I’m definitely an idiot. I was talking about Boxxers and Domains too, and got confused. Didn’t follow the link, just typed in Bike 24

Thank you for dealing with my bologna, I have finals this week and my brain is fried

Mod
Posted: May 9, 2023 at 18:56 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
mior wrote:
BeaverCreaker wrote:

Oooh derp. I’m definitely an idiot. I was talking about Boxxers and Domains too, and got confused. Didn’t follow the link, just typed in Bike 24

Thank you for dealing with my bologna, I have finals this week and my brain is fried
no problem.

Posted: May 10, 2023 at 15:14 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:

Inventory I agree.

Theres a lot of discounted 2022 and 2023 bikes in the UK right now. Maybe not the absolute newest and most in demand stuff but pretty much everything else you can find discounted

Posted: May 19, 2023 at 18:42 Quote
Anyone know of a good, cheap downhill rear wheel, in stock right now with deliver to America? I need 12x157mm, HG freehub.

I don’t care about weight, want cheap and strong. Can’t find the cheap Spank or DT Swiss dh wheels anywhere.

Found RaceFace Aeffect in 12x157 with HG, but the description says Enduro. Reviews say it’s a strong wheel though.

Posted: May 20, 2023 at 9:33 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
Anyone know of a good, cheap downhill rear wheel, in stock right now with deliver to America? I need 12x157mm, HG freehub.

I don’t care about weight, want cheap and strong. Can’t find the cheap Spank or DT Swiss dh wheels anywhere.

Found RaceFace Aeffect in 12x157 with HG, but the description says Enduro. Reviews say it’s a strong wheel though.

I've heard the aeffect emtb wheel is strong and 32 spokes... Could be solid!

Posted: May 20, 2023 at 10:06 Quote
So guys we all love downhill here im an old skool dh rider with a single speed dh rig any one else on single speed dh bikes if so whats your gearing im on 26” wheel 36x13t works perfect for me let me know your gearing guys

Posted: May 20, 2023 at 15:14 Quote
falkyn wrote:
BeaverCreaker wrote:

I've heard the aeffect emtb wheel is strong and 32 spokes... Could be solid!

Hmm. Are the forces on a much heavier enduro emtb similar to that of a lighter bike smashing chunk a bit more

Posted: May 20, 2023 at 21:55 Quote
karl-huckingbikes wrote:
So guys we all love downhill here im an old skool dh rider with a single speed dh rig any one else on single speed dh bikes if so whats your gearing im on 26” wheel 36x13t works perfect for me let me know your gearing guys

36/15 on mine

Posted: May 20, 2023 at 22:34 Quote
Nobble wrote:
I need some DH wheels in an unusual combo. I need a 29” boost 20mm front, and a 27.5” 148mm rear.

Anyone know of anything decent I can get “off the shelf”, or am I going to have to build them?

I need the same, what did you end up with?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029190
Mobile Version of Website