Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 9, 2012 at 6:10 Quote
There doesn't really seem anywhere on the forum for gambler owners to discuss there bikes etc so i thought i'd start one, so post up your gambler and your opinions on the, set up discussions etc etc.. to start heres my gambler dh20, stock build, trying to decide whether to uprgrade it or buy a different bike, anywhere here ya go:

new bike

Posted: Jan 9, 2012 at 11:43 Quote
I have a Gambler but no photos yet , coming soon.
Also there is a Scott owners thread with loads of gamblers I posted in but can not find it now.

EDIT : https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=2852

Posted: Jan 9, 2012 at 14:11 Quote
bigburd wrote:
Also there is a Scott owners thread with loads of gamblers I posted in but can not find it now.

however this is gambler only thread Wink

Posted: Jan 9, 2012 at 14:41 Quote
rjohnson wrote:
bigburd wrote:

however this is gambler only thread Wink

Well now that bendan will be riding one soon no doubt this will become a popular thread for the fan boys Razz

And personally I would keep it and upgrade parts if you feel you need to , had mine for about 6 months now and have been really impressed.

Posted: Jan 12, 2012 at 6:53 Quote
Mine is a funny one. I believe its a 2009 DH10 frame with a 2008 FR10 component setup? not sure how it happened but I was not there when bike was bought, insurance company said on the phone they could replace my stinky with a scott gambler fr10 and I thought okay cool, arrived with a dh 10 frame. I suppose its irrelevant considering they are identical frames (except mine has no carbon seatstay Frown ) but if my bike gets stolen again it will be much easier to identify...

in all honesty I wish it had 888s or 40s, a roco wc shock, saint cranks brakes and derailler, and ringle hubs with mtx rims, instead of being a full sram bike (come to think of it, I wish it had all the same gear my stinky had!) im not the biggest sram fan, but im starting to like their stuff more now that I actually own some of the higher end shit of theirs.

so yeah motion control totems, codes, vivid 5.1, x9, etc...

photo

Posted: Jan 12, 2012 at 7:07 Quote
Jacobrjett wrote:
Mine is a funny one. I believe its a 2009 DH10 frame with a 2008 FR10 component setup? not sure how it happened but I was not there when bike was bought, insurance company said on the phone they could replace my stinky with a scott gambler fr10 and I thought okay cool, arrived with a dh 10 frame. I suppose its irrelevant considering they are identical frames (except mine has no carbon seatstay Frown ) but if my bike gets stolen again it will be much easier to identify...

in all honesty I wish it had 888s or 40s, a roco wc shock, saint cranks brakes and derailler, and ringle hubs with mtx rims, instead of being a full sram bike (come to think of it, I wish it had all the same gear my stinky had!) im not the biggest sram fan, but im starting to like their stuff more now that I actually own some of the higher end shit of theirs.

so yeah motion control totems, codes, vivid 5.1, x9, etc...

photo

nice dude! how is the vivid? im thinking of getting one for mine

Posted: Jan 15, 2012 at 16:25 Quote
Its quite nice - it doesnt seem to have as much character as my old Roco world cup shock did, though I imagine it comes down to preference. It pissed out oil and I had to get it rebuilt at some point right after I adjusted the end stroke rebound, but its all good now.

I guess, when I am riding, I am not worried about it or even thinking about it, which is what any good bike part should be like... Its hard to say weather I would go back to my roco wc, but I am not as much of a hucker as I was when I had that, so I think this suits me more now Smile

Ah yeah, I run mine on 7.5" travel with the slacker head angle, I quite like it, although to be honest if I switched it to 8.3" travel I doubt I would even notice... I just like the idea of having leveled suspension, with the totem on front, if I ever get around to getting some 40's or 888's Ill chuck it up to 8.3... but I do notice on most gamblers people are running the 9.5" travel, that just sounds silly to me!!! Eek

Posted: Jan 16, 2012 at 2:46 Quote
Jacobrjett wrote:
Its quite nice - it doesnt seem to have as much character as my old Roco world cup shock did, though I imagine it comes down to preference. It pissed out oil and I had to get it rebuilt at some point right after I adjusted the end stroke rebound, but its all good now.

I guess, when I am riding, I am not worried about it or even thinking about it, which is what any good bike part should be like... Its hard to say weather I would go back to my roco wc, but I am not as much of a hucker as I was when I had that, so I think this suits me more now Smile

Ah yeah, I run mine on 7.5" travel with the slacker head angle, I quite like it, although to be honest if I switched it to 8.3" travel I doubt I would even notice... I just like the idea of having leveled suspension, with the totem on front, if I ever get around to getting some 40's or 888's Ill chuck it up to 8.3... but I do notice on most gamblers people are running the 9.5" travel, that just sounds silly to me!!! Eek

cheers for the info dude! my other choice was a roco wc air so might look into that! i run my gambler at 9.5 haha and it feels so much better, the rear end is a lot more sensitive to small bumps and roots so it flies through techy sections and absolutely hugs the corners, however it does slow you down a tad on the pedally sections but it makes up for it deffo. worth a try!

Posted: Feb 5, 2012 at 2:12 Quote
Gambler DH

Here is mine!

Posted: Feb 5, 2012 at 4:16 Quote
fabe wrote:
Gambler DH

Here is mine!

nice dude how you finding it?

Posted: Feb 5, 2012 at 6:37 Quote
rjohnson wrote:
nice dude how you finding it?

Riding it since almost a year, I upgraded some parts (fork, brakes, stem, pedals, etc) I really enjoy to ride it! indestructible!

Posted: Feb 6, 2012 at 2:31 Quote
hey guys.. im currently building mine.... at the minute im serving in afghan. but buying bits evry month and my mate back home is putting the bits on that he knows how... you may be glad to know that in 26 days i finish afghan... and the rest of my bits are waiting at home for me to finish the job. ill post it on here when im done Smile whats everone think? its main event this year is the mega avalanche in july
the build is well on route

Posted: Feb 6, 2012 at 2:38 Quote
darrenpallatina wrote:
hey guys.. im currently building mine.... at the minute im serving in afghan. but buying bits evry month and my mate back home is putting the bits on that he knows how... you may be glad to know that in 26 days i finish afghan... and the rest of my bits are waiting at home for me to finish the job. ill post it on here when im done Smile whats everone think? its main event this year is the mega avalanche in july

Hey dude the build looks awesome! will love to see what it looks like when complete! all the best in your final weeks in afghan, will be good to have another english-man back safe!

Posted: Feb 6, 2012 at 2:44 Quote
rjohnson wrote:
darrenpallatina wrote:

Hey dude the build looks awesome! will love to see what it looks like when complete! all the best in your final weeks in afghan, will be good to have another english-man back safe!

thanks mate Smile ill put pics on here when shes done! not long now! Smile

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 2:05 Quote
How are you guys finding the different travel setups?

I still have mine at 7.5 inches (with the slack head angle)

You guys reckon I should change it to 8.3 or even 9.5" travel? I like riding fast down technical, rooty/rocky steeps, and I like railing berms... I am not much of a jumper anymore though

But on the other hand, I also like riding up the local hill climbs... Maybe I will just leave it at 7.5.

I dont really want to change it for seperate uses though, as I dont want the bike to handle differently because I wont be able to predict what my bikes going to do as much.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022349
Mobile Version of Website