Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 11:23 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:
So LBS offered me 360.- to Change all the bearings... Heavy

Thinking now of doing it myself.

Does anybody know where I can get a explosions drawing of the Trek Slash 9.8 carbon (2014-2016) and maybe even an assembly instruction?

Didnt find one on the Internet. Only one from a Slash 2012 and its a bad Picture quality...

Have fun: https://www.dexdealer.com/dexter/external/authfile/techsite/reference/suspension/suspension.html

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 11:42 Quote
Anyone that works in a shop have a TLD A1 Large in the Drone Cyan laying around? Just ordered a remedy 9.8 and that would be a sick helmet for that bike.

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 11:52 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Foxy87 wrote:

Does anybody know where I can get a explosions drawing of the Trek Slash 9.8 carbon (2014-2016) and maybe even an assembly instruction?

Didnt find one on the Internet. Only one from a Slash 2012 and its a bad Picture quality...

Have fun: https://www.dexdealer.com/dexter/external/authfile/techsite/reference/suspension/suspension.html

Or maybe a better quality 2012 one? The concept is the same, Press in/Press out.

http://ukrbike.com.ua/doctrek/suspension_diagrams.pdf

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 14:29 Quote
sethcoccimiglio wrote:
$360? That's insane! The bearing kit should be no more than $100, and then no more than $100 in labor!

Yeah well I live in switzerland...

Bearings 60.-
Work 300.-

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 14:32 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Foxy87 wrote:

Thanks but it doesnt work. Website shows a login... do you have a picture or pdf file or so?

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 14:34 Quote
macross87 wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
Foxy87 wrote:

Or maybe a better quality 2012 one? The concept is the same, Press in/Press out.

http://ukrbike.com.ua/doctrek/suspension_diagrams.pdf

Thanks. So you are saying the 2012 aluminium Slash is the same as the 2015 carbon slash?

Unfortunately the slash assembly is not very high res and doesnt have any bigger detail pictures like the other models. It is hard to see all the different little parts.

If there is such a explosion drawing of the 2012 slash, shouldnt there also be one of a 2015 Carbon version?

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 14:48 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
Foxy87 wrote:

Thanks but it doesnt work. Website shows a login... do you have a picture or pdf file or so?

I was wondering. I'll see what I can pull off for you.

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 14:51 Quote
Thanks, appreciate it!

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 14:53 Quote
Not saying the frames are the same, or not. Figured the pictures can help to provide a visual. If you need bearing numbers, the shop or someone with a dealer access can give those to you. But as far as removal/install, there really isn't much difference. Bolt torque, there probably is.

Posted: Dec 2, 2016 at 15:43 Quote
Thankfully iv never had to change bearings in a trek frame... Cause the frames normally break before they need doing!! trek warranty and service from my lbs is fantastic though!

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2016 at 10:58 Quote
I'd check another bike shop my lbs swapped out my bearings for 175 including the bearings

Posted: Dec 3, 2016 at 11:32 Quote
How did they look after how many years?

Just asked my LBS (actually the one I bought the bike from); the first offer was from another Bike shop and I asked them just occasionaly.

He told me 80-100 for bearings and 150 labor. Thats actually a more reasonable price and ok for switzerland I guess. It is nomal that labor costs are lot higher than in the states or so.

So I will probably go with this offer at the end of winter.

Then my Bike will be all new and ready for the MEGAVALANCHE 2017. cant wait!

Posted: Dec 4, 2016 at 21:18 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
bromando wrote:
should I go with a ks or bontrager dropper for my remedy

Definitely Bontrager, no question. The KS isnt complete junk, but its budget and plastic lever.

The bontrager post is awesome, I actually prefer it over the Reverb now.

You can always grab the southpaw remote from ks... it makes the lev tolerable. Ultimately the best dropper i have ridden out of everything current available including local start up brands... its fox with their transfer post. Its just flawless...

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 6:09 Quote
SILENTNINJAONE wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:
bromando wrote:

Definitely Bontrager, no question. The KS isnt complete junk, but its budget and plastic lever.

You can always grab the southpaw remote from ks... it makes the lev tolerable. Ultimately the best dropper i have ridden out of everything current available including local start up brands... its fox with their transfer post. Its just flawless...
Have you compared the Transfer with the 9point8 Fall Line? I'm using that now and it is incredible. Curious how it compared.

Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 8:37 Quote
SILENTNINJAONE wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:
bromando wrote:

My wifes KS lever actually totally broke now, lol, so I ordered a Bontrager Lever to throw on, hopefully that works without issue.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014662
Mobile Version of Website