What kind of tire do you use?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
What kind of tire do you use?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 9:40 Quote
I like all kind of tire, i tryed a few. I would like to know what tire do you use for downhill or freeride. Please dont even think about talking about Kenda tires plz!! Because they suck!!!

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 9:46 Quote
I disagree that all Kenda tires suck but anyway. I personally ride minion 2.5 front and 2.35 high roller rear. In wet conditions maxxis swampthing 2.35 and in really bad conditions Michelin Mud 2.8 fornt and 2.2 rear.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 9:47 Quote
Dmr MotoDiggers! Really good all round tyre! I used to have richardson bulldogs. Good grip you could hear them tear into the mud when cornering.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 9:53 Quote
sorry mate but moto diggers are not fr/dh tires. they are dj or trail tires.

James116 wrote:
Dmr MotoDiggers! Really good all round tyre! I used to have richardson bulldogs. Good grip you could hear them tear into the mud when cornering.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 10:10 Quote
Nice i like the Maxxis tires a lot!! I am looking foward to buy one for the rear one. I would like to know wich kenda tire you say that doesn't suck??? Blue groove, kenetics, nevegal they all andle like crap!!! and are not tuff, they rip open (true story!!), and i makes some pinch flate all the time
undercoverfreak wrote:
I disagree that all Kenda tires suck but anyway. I personally ride minion 2.5 front and 2.35 high roller rear. In wet conditions maxxis swampthing 2.35 and in really bad conditions Michelin Mud 2.8 fornt and 2.2 rear.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 10:18 Quote
i quite enjoyed the nevegal and the cortez. but i guess it's down to personal preference.

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 10:21 Quote
24inch Kenda Blue groove/ negval on my dh rig.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 10:22 Quote
Syncros BHT's are my favorite, but I've also done well with the WTB Timberwolf.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 10:23 Quote
Bontrager Big earl tires 2.6 lot's off grip in any conditions,riding them all season and still got plenty off grip left for next season.I'm not gonna change them for a set off other tires.

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 10:32 Quote
dh/fr maxxis minion dhf front and mobster rear both 2.5 and maxxpro compound
for mud I use the same rear tire but a 2.5 wtb timberwolf in the front
dj/street schwabe table top and arrow racing

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 10:33 Quote
i almost swear by maxxis tyres! i bought a sc v10 in may and was running wtb 2.4 moto raptors which are pretty good for grip on the back but arent quite wide enough for the front and i managed t get hold of a maxxis high roller 2.5 super tacky at the fort william world champs..one of the best tyres i have ever had and would never got for anything else..on the front!

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 10:34 Quote
use minion front on the front and rear (just like sam hill) they grip well good especially in super tacky, a lil slow on rolling though.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 10:40 Quote
i highly disagree that kendas suck. i have nevegals on my bullit and small block eights on my VT and they both work amazing. ive tryed hutchinson and they were crap. havent run any maxxis but im sure they're good. the tiogas i had lost nobs before they wore out but worked ok. and i used to use a michellen but it didnt shed dirt at, everything just got stuck in the nobs. kenda nevegals are the best ive had to date.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 10:43 Quote
EDIT: n/m I forgot to read the first post. My bad.Geek

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008742
Mobile Version of Website