Specialized Status

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Status
Posted: Mar 26, 2018 at 19:02 Quote
Status frame weight is quite good.
Cheap scales are notoriously inaccurate....which makes online comparisons inaccurate

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2018 at 20:25 Quote
False wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
False wrote:
my status with a coil boxxer and the stock coil weighs around 35-36

Wtf how is it that light? Are you sure it only weighs that much? My 2011 Norco range weighs 35 lbs with a coil lyrik and monarch plus rear shock.
heres the scale shot with the bike fully suspended, the scale is a luggage scale so it could be wrong.
photo
i'm guessing my scale is off, what weights are you guys getting?

Ya it's probably a bit off. A stock status weighs 40 lbs with a boxxer RC and coil shock. But who cares, I rode a 50 lb gambler and enjoyed it. The weight never held me back.

Posted: Mar 26, 2018 at 21:26 Quote
^ oh hell yeah...I was riding back in the high40's days!
A 40lb bike still feels light enough to me....

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2018 at 23:57 Quote
loopie wrote:
^ oh hell yeah...I was riding back in the high40's days!
A 40lb bike still feels light enough to me....

Ya same. My new gambler is 40ish and feels light to me lol.

Posted: Mar 31, 2018 at 11:57 Quote
grantgeesmith wrote:
Around 10 stone, running about 200 psi with about 20-25 percent sag, but next time am out might bring it down abit or play with the beginning rebound as its pretty fast for my liking,

And i dont know the weight of the bike tbh i dont really care aslong as it rides good/ but im intrested to see how much they weigh, i dont find them that heavy
thats rly high for 63kgs Big Grin I ran 230psi after colarbone injury but I had 93kgs (a bit below 15 stone), now I have 98kgs (a bit above 15 stone) after shoulder injury so I would need to get a bit higher haha Big Grin My doctor alowed me gym finally and I will start riding my bike in the midle of april so lets see how will the Vivid hold up lol Big Grin So now it's time for a lot of cardio training Big Grin

Posted: Mar 31, 2018 at 14:14 Quote
I thought that too but i dont like a soft i used to run it softer but i got a jump bike and road that for 6months at skateparks to boost confidence when i got back on the downhill bike and since then i have to run my suspension much harder and nothing worse than injurys hopfully the shoulder holds up and the vivid so you can get back out and enjoy the bike,

Posted: Apr 9, 2018 at 13:25 Quote
hey guys! im currently working on upgrading my drivetrain on my status. I'm was recently gifted a zee derailleur and shifter pod. I want to group this with the shimano ultegra 6700 and was wondering if any of you guys are currently running it and if it is possible to run it on the stock hub

Posted: Apr 9, 2018 at 15:48 Quote
Diegs wrote:
hey guys! im currently working on upgrading my drivetrain on my status. I'm was recently gifted a zee derailleur and shifter pod. I want to group this with the shimano ultegra 6700 and was wondering if any of you guys are currently running it and if it is possible to run it on the stock hub
shouldn't be a problem

Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 21:28 Quote
I have boxxer team 2017 with Fox DHX2 and it feels f*cking amazing. picked that shit up today from the shop with the boxxer team fork with Charger dampener since i destroyed my boxxer RC.

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 3:01 Quote
hey guys,

as much as we we all love our Status bikes, time will come rather sooner than later to switch to a different bike. What do you think would be your Status' resale value considering all upgrades today?

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 17:30 Quote
yxbix wrote:
hey guys,

as much as we we all love our Status bikes, time will come rather sooner than later to switch to a different bike. What do you think would be your Status' resale value considering all upgrades today?
Very little

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 14:25 Quote
Why sell it??
Of course, I have 7 bikes now.Big Grin

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 14:34 Quote
yxbix wrote:
hey guys,

I sold my old status with boxxers, zee brakes and chromag parts for 1500.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 23:54 Quote
slope wrote:
Why sell it??
Of course, I have 7 bikes now.Big Grin

same here, 7 bikes and counting Smile Want to sell to build a new FR bike with up to date geo and 650b. I'm looking at Commencal Furious BC Edition frameset and the rest of the components to be bought as budget allows.

False wrote:
yxbix wrote:
hey guys,

I sold my old status with boxxers, zee brakes and chromag parts for 1500.

I assume, You mean CAD. Not bad!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014585
Mobile Version of Website