Session, Podium or Shocker?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Session, Podium or Shocker?
Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 12:24 Quote
cGonzalez wrote:
no not at all. i don't have any flex in mine. i had a 09 and now a 2010 and both are fine. the reason i sold my 2009 was because i grew out of it. i'm not sure i havent had any problems yet, some small dings on the down tube but nothing to worry about there very small.

Right on, and I believe they made the frame even stronger fore 2011 so that's a plus. Thanks for the input

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 12:29 Quote
ianj wrote:
cGonzalez wrote:
no not at all. i don't have any flex in mine. i had a 09 and now a 2010 and both are fine. the reason i sold my 2009 was because i grew out of it. i'm not sure i havent had any problems yet, some small dings on the down tube but nothing to worry about there very small.

Right on, and I believe they made the frame even stronger fore 2011 so that's a plus. Thanks for the input
I would ask in the post your dh bike thread too. Lots of people in there have experance on all 3 of those bikes.

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 12:32 Quote
Flexy issues???? I have never heard of that. Dude, the bike is awesome in the tech stuff! You point where you want to go and it goes there. It is awesome. In the air it is very stable, yet light enough and feels short enough to whip out there effortlessly.

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 12:38 Quote
MarzRider wrote:
Flexy issues???? I have never heard of that. Dude, the bike is awesome in the tech stuff! You point where you want to go and it goes there. It is awesome. In the air it is very stable, yet light enough and feels short enough to whip out there effortlessly.

ya I have seen a few that flex in the downtube when you squeeze it with your hand. Not good. How is trek's warranty service in the unlikely event that the bike breaks or cracks?

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 12:52 Quote
ianj wrote:
MarzRider wrote:

ya I have seen a few that flex in the downtube when you squeeze it with your hand. Not good. How is trek's warranty service in the unlikely event that the bike breaks or cracks?

Hmm, well I would not worry about that with the new Sessions. I have never heard of anything like that. Warranty is 3 years for the frame, 2 years for Bontrager components and the swingarms, and 1 year with paint and decals.

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 12:57 Quote
MarzRider wrote:
ianj wrote:
MarzRider wrote:

Hmm, well I would not worry about that with the new Sessions. I have never heard of anything like that. Warranty is 3 years for the frame, 2 years for Bontrager components and the swingarms, and 1 year with paint and decals.

Alright good deal. I am deciding on either that or the knolly I think. The shocker is good and has a really nice elka rear shock but it isn't the most attractive out of the 3

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 13:45 Quote
I think the cove wieghs the most to dosent it?

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 13:56 Quote
Just go with the session. It is lighter than the knolly, and you are backed by a great company. Trek will be good to you.
Plus a custom tuned RC4 specifically to the session frame. Can't complain there.

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 14:14 Quote
If you can, try and ride both. Anyone that owns a bike is going to claim its the best because they love their bike. After all if you drop 5 g's you better love your bike hahaha but ya try and ride both. Cant really go wrong with either. Knolly is less main stream and has alot of heart put into the bike not to mention is hand built and has an amazing suspention feel but the session has ALOT of testing and R&D put into it. No dought either bike is going to be a dope race rig.

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 14:32 Quote
The new session is ridiculous...... I would dry hump it til I bleed.

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 15:41 Quote
digital-criminal wrote:

Ha this made me laugh.

The cove is the heaviest, i think the frame is around 10lbs or so.... while the knolly is in the middle and the trek is the lightest by a good bit. Unfortunately the nearest knolly dealer only has one podium frame that isn't built up and it's a medium. I would ride a large in the knolly from the best of my knowledge seeing as I am 6'2". Although I would probably be a medium in the Trek. I sat on the large scratch and it felt a little big. Thanks for your input

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 17:49 Quote
ianj wrote:
digital-criminal wrote:

Ha this made me laugh.

The cove is the heaviest, i think the frame is around 10lbs or so.... while the knolly is in the middle and the trek is the lightest by a good bit. Unfortunately the nearest knolly dealer only has one podium frame that isn't built up and it's a medium. I would ride a large in the knolly from the best of my knowledge seeing as I am 6'2". Although I would probably be a medium in the Trek. I sat on the large scratch and it felt a little big. Thanks for your input

Nope, you are definitely going to want the large session. I am sitting at 6 foot and it fits me. The sessions run a little on the small sizing. You will fit perfectly on the large.

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 17:53 Quote
Alright thanks. Was doing some research on the sizing and it does fit different sizing and geo than the scratch so the fact that the scratch would comfortably fit me in a medium is irrelevant haha. Thanks for fixing my sizing mistake there

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 17:57 Quote
yea im 6' 1 and ride a large

Posted: Jun 28, 2011 at 18:01 Quote
alright thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013480
Mobile Version of Website