The Best Wheels in the Industry

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The Best Wheels in the Industry
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 16, 2011 at 19:21 Quote
I am trying to get a new wheelset and am trying to decide what ones to get for mainly DH, any suggestions?

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2011 at 10:10 Quote
Is price not an issue for this wheels?

Posted: Apr 17, 2011 at 10:21 Quote
If you're a weight weenie go with Easton Haven Carbon's. 2 years of no questions asked guarantee is awesome!!

Posted: Apr 17, 2011 at 10:32 Quote
I would have to also suggest Easton, The Easton Havoc is my favorite and also the strongest wheelset from what I have used. Real light also.

Posted: Apr 17, 2011 at 12:37 Quote
YetiSuperX wrote:
If you're a weight weenie go with Easton Haven Carbon's. 2 years of no questions asked guarantee is awesome!!
The crank brothers wheelsets have a 2 year warranty too they are really nice

Posted: Apr 17, 2011 at 17:28 Quote
I9's have arguably the best rear hub engagement in the business, excellent fit and finish, and cool anodized colors:Cool :

Posted: Apr 17, 2011 at 21:30 Quote
I9s are like twice the price of other wheels though

Posted: Apr 18, 2011 at 0:59 Quote
rorywood wrote:
YetiSuperX wrote:
The crank brothers wheelsets have a 2 year warranty too they are really nice

But not no questions aske...

Posted: Apr 18, 2011 at 5:36 Quote
You could always do what I did and buy Chris King ISO hubs, arguably the best hubs in existence, and then use DT competition spokes to lace then to your favourite rims. I'd go Mavic 521's for light weight or Mavic 721's for a bit more strength. This way you have a set of hubs that will outlast mankind and can easily replace rims and spokes as they get damaged instead of relying on often difficult to get proprietary parts or replacing an entire wheel.

Posted: Apr 18, 2011 at 17:00 Quote
the new EDGE DH carbon rims 32mm, 400grams i think....if steve peat can ride it...so can u !

and then build it with CHRIS KINGS...and Ti spokes !!! ...that will be the lightest...strongest wheels ......

u might think TI spokes are weak.....but i had Ti spokes on m DH wheels for a couple years now and...have only broken a few spokes !!!
but they are $2 each...Frown

O+
Posted: Apr 18, 2011 at 17:16 Quote
I'd go with 721s or 823s if you want to run tubless, laced up to Hope hubs with DT Swiss spokes. I'm running this wheelset on my a Rune and I absolutely love it

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010584
Mobile Version of Website