Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 7:02 Quote
agreed....

Marino is awesome too...

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 8:26 Quote
So nice. What are the brake lever grips like?

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 10:29 Quote
justgoride wrote:
So nice. What are the brake lever grips like?

Excellent. I‘ve got fairly long fingers. They make the small levers way more comfortable.

Thanks gentlemen!

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 10:42 Quote
small single speed trail bikes are so underrated. love your build, pyro.

aren't there horizontal dropouts for the shan?

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 11:33 Quote
nullzwo wrote:

There are.
But I am not convinced that they work well, skipping any brake caliper adjustment.

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 8:52 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
nullzwo wrote:

There are.
But I am not convinced that they work well, skipping any brake caliper adjustment.

rthats interesting, because my NS surge has slotted IS m ounts for caliper adjustment - i found that i just kept the caliper somewhere in a middle position and just adjusted the axle... i think if the caliper is right in the north position on the disc, you don't need that much adjustment. i am actually planning to have a SSP specific frame built with PM brake mount.

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 10:52 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:
nullzwo wrote:

There are.

rthats interesting, because my NS surge has slotted IS m ounts for caliper adjustment - i found that i just kept the caliper somewhere in a middle position and just adjusted the axle... i think if the caliper is right in the north position on the disc, you don't need that much adjustment. i am actually planning to have a SSP specific frame built with PM brake mount.

The brake mount on my Ragley Bagger is misaligned. Before I realised that I wore the pads down and a bit was left out. Eventually these bits touched and I had no back brake.
So nowadays I like my rear calipers to be aligned perfectly Wink

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 11:35 Quote
here's mine!

photo

photo

photo

my newly finished (for now...) Vitus Nucleus. rides great so far, but i haven't taken it down anything serious with the latest parts so we'll have to see. spec is as follows:
Marzocchi Bomber z2, 140mm travel, 2 tokens (was 120mm, so HTA sitting at about 66 unsagged)
Hope Fortus 30 wheelset
Shimano Deore 10 speed drivetrain
Shimano SLX brakes with 203mm XT rotors
WTB tires with Tannus Armour and tubes
Brand-X dropper with Wolftooth Light action ReMote
Nukeproof bars, pedals, seatclamp, and saddle
stock Vitus stem
DMR Deathgrips

other than that, its pretty much stock. im really stoked to get riding this, super pleased with the latest iteration of it!

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 13:34 Quote
Preview of my single speed spare parts build. Placed an order for a custom Marino frame on August 21st. Drawings approved August 25th. They said 10-14 weeks lead time but it hasn't even been 6 since I placed my order and I got an email with these pictures saying my frame is ready. Payment sent and it is now being packaged for shipping.

Designed around 27.5x2.6" wheels and fairly tame by todays standards 65.5/74 geometry based on a 140mm fork. Will be run single speed using stuff from the parts bin at first. A headset and saddle will be the two parts I don't have in the bin. Already purchased a brand new Boone Ti 18t single speed cog to use a old set of wheels. Just need a chain and grips to finish it off.

Marino Custom Frame

Marino Custom Frame

Marino Custom Frame

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 14:09 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Sick!

This ^

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 14:54 Quote
Love the paint! What is the color called?

DeoreDX wrote:
Preview of my single speed spare parts build. Placed an order for a custom Marino frame on August 21st. Drawings approved August 25th. They said 10-14 weeks lead time but it hasn't even been 6 since I placed my order and I got an email with these pictures saying my frame is ready. Payment sent and it is now being packaged for shipping.

Designed around 27.5x2.6" wheels and fairly tame by todays standards 65.5/74 geometry based on a 140mm fork. Will be run single speed using stuff from the parts bin at first. A headset and saddle will be the two parts I don't have in the bin. Already purchased a brand new Boone Ti 18t single speed cog to use a old set of wheels. Just need a chain and grips to finish it off.

Marino Custom Frame

Marino Custom Frame

Marino Custom Frame

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 15:30 Quote
Looks like hammerite to me!

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 15:30 Quote
That paint job is wicked!!!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025593
Mobile Version of Website