Posted: May 5, 2017 at 6:50 Quote
migraineboy1975 wrote:
hornet 2017
photo
photo
photo
photo

How can I like the 2016 hornet better ?
I know this one 's got better and updated geometry, longer TT, and maybe more rear wheel room....
But I don't freaking like the hydroformed curvey tubes...

And yet, no bottle cage mount again I guess ...

Posted: May 5, 2017 at 7:30 Quote
I love that new hornet but im really happy with my hornet 4x . Its such a sweet ride i actually prefer it to my old banshee spitfire.

Heres the latest pics as just added a dropper ( it works brilliantly as a trail bike so it was needed imo) and some crank decals im just waiting on some new fork decals now.
photo
photo
photo

Posted: May 5, 2017 at 12:58 Quote
Ok. So I'm getting closer to deciding what parts to get for my build.
What I have decided on so far:
Shimano SLX 1x11 complete groupset (XT RT86 rotors)
Mavic Crossride (Already own)
Frame
Fork (Yari 180mm)

I'm not locked on seatpost, handlebars or cable/hydraulic housing yet.
Thinking of going with a "stealthish" look with some color. Personally i like the black with blue combo, but are really undecided on cable housing color yet. Any good ideas? And what do you guys think about this setup?
Also what size would you recommend? I'm 183 cm and are going to be riding enduro/trails on this.

Was inspired by another user on this forum to set up a photo like these to help visualize the build. Can't wait to get this done!
photo
photo

Posted: May 5, 2017 at 13:02 Quote
Fixed up my Hornet with some new rotors and a new saddle. Such a fun bike! Big Grin

photo

photo

Posted: May 5, 2017 at 13:11 Quote
B4CKST3R wrote:
Fixed up my Hornet with some new rotors and a new saddle. Such a fun bike! Big Grin

photo

photo

looks sick. IMO dropper cable looks better if routed on the left side, avoids cable rub too

Posted: May 5, 2017 at 13:27 Quote
Hi everyone, new to this thread. I ordered the2017 26Player Pro for mainly dirt jumping. Should be in a week or 2. I see a lot of Dartmoor Hornets posted. Are you guys just trail riding with the Hornet or are you jumping with it? It would be fun to ride trails and do some jumping.

Thanks, Ron

O+
Posted: May 6, 2017 at 0:27 Quote
Hey @theraggyone where did you get the purple zee decals from if you don't mind me asking?

Posted: May 6, 2017 at 5:44 Quote
racegates138 wrote:
Hi everyone, new to this thread. I ordered the2017 26Player Pro for mainly dirt jumping. Should be in a week or 2. I see a lot of Dartmoor Hornets posted. Are you guys just trail riding with the Hornet or are you jumping with it? It would be fun to ride trails and do some jumping.

Thanks, Ron

I own a hornet 4x and use it for jumping and light downhill, but because I'm lasy and don't want to change the tyres all the time I build myself a secondary Dirt bike.

But the 4x jumps very well imo, with a fork that has travel adjustments you could do both.

Posted: May 6, 2017 at 7:47 Quote
SSBone wrote:
racegates138 wrote:

Thanks, Ron

I own a hornet 4x and use it for jumping and light downhill, but because I'm lasy and don't want to change the tyres all the time I build myself a secondary Dirt bike.
Ssbone, thanks for the info. I think I made the right decision going with the 26Player Pro.

But the 4x jumps very well imo, with a fork that has travel adjustments you could do both.

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 6:25 Quote
Hello guys, i would like to buy Hornet 2016 Petrol painted M if someone has could messege me

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 12:20 Quote
Digging this brand and all they do, so glad I stumbled upon them.

Currently building up a Primal 27.5+, just waiting on crank and a new stem... Will update in a couple days. Great looking bikes in here, sorta wish I had gone with the Hornet, what a cool bike! But, the Primal fits what I need it for, and that Red Devil finish is sick...

Dartmoor Primal 27.5

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 14:17 Quote
Hey guys thinking about purchasing a 26player as they look dope and are more affordable that a lot of chromoly frames. I happen to ride a lot of street and park though, is this frame strong enough to hold up to the abuse?

Posted: May 28, 2017 at 8:22 Quote
photo

Traded in my hornet frame for a wish thanks to zmcycleandfitness. Loving it, rides perfect

Posted: Jun 2, 2017 at 5:28 Quote
sm27 wrote:
photo

Traded in my hornet frame for a wish thanks to zmcycleandfitness. Loving it, rides perfect

did you actually trade it or just sold the hornet frame? if traded how much did they give you for it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.032292
Mobile Version of Website