The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread
Posted: Sep 7, 2013 at 19:12 Quote
dguzzler wrote:
Hello Koneil,

Could you please help with getting the bike wash stations back? or provide a contact name or number so that I could address this situation. I ride at Blue, on average between 15 and 20 times a year. Like many people, I ride a high performance bicycle that needs to be cleaned, whether it's clay dust or wet clay to keep it operating optimally. I also stay at hotels where I would be more comfortable bringing in a clean bike.

I feel Blue Mountain should provide basic provisions for their riders when they pay for their passes: a safe place to ride, lift access, drinking fountains, washrooms and a bike wash stations. Every major resort provides these basic amenities. The reason the bike station isn't working as I was told by a lift operator ( As of Friday August 7/ 13) that someone damaged a hose and left the system to run, the operator went on to say " one bad apple spoils the bunch". I don't subscribe to this mentality. Mathematically this doesn't make sense, if it was only one person and an isolated incident then fix the problem and move on.

I'm growing tired of these knee jerk reactions and let's not forget that mountain bikers are customers too.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Made it sound like this incident happened around that date. My apologies for mis-understanding.

Posted: Sep 7, 2013 at 19:41 Quote
Made it sound like this incident happened around that date. My apologies for mis-understanding.[/Quote]

No apolgies dude, I wrote the wrong date, it should read Friday Sept. 6/13. Thanks Smile

Posted: Sep 8, 2013 at 15:59 Quote
Hey guys! I've been looking into making a trip to blue mountain before the season is over.

Never been there, don't know the first thing about it. I've got a few friends who ski/snowboard, and have told me about blue mountain, but no mountain bikers.

I guess I'm just looking for some re-assurance about what to expect, maybe chat to a few people who go there often.

I want to squeeze in a weekend before the season ends, when does it close up?

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2013 at 17:44 Quote
dropinbiking92 wrote:
Hey guys! I've been looking into making a trip to blue mountain before the season is over.

Never been there, don't know the first thing about it. I've got a few friends who ski/snowboard, and have told me about blue mountain, but no mountain bikers.

I guess I'm just looking for some re-assurance about what to expect, maybe chat to a few people who go there often.

I want to squeeze in a weekend before the season ends, when does it close up?
closes oct 14
No worries just go and start on the easy trails and work your way up!

Posted: Sep 8, 2013 at 18:52 Quote
I'd love to, I just have nobody to ride with. I don't want to show up and start riding solo.

If anyone wants to meet up there and shoot some video or pictures it would be muchoo appreciated

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2013 at 19:30 Quote
o-chute was good today once they opened it
not too wet

Posted: Sep 8, 2013 at 19:32 Quote
Bike wash was also not working once again.

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 13:30 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.labspaces.net/pictures/blog/4e5466b7dc69f1314154167_blog.jpg
We've added a year-end Enduro to the event calendar! Stay tuned for more details.

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 20:45 Quote
registered! now I need to find a bike suitable for an enduro...

Posted: Sep 10, 2013 at 8:57 Quote
Damm. Can't cancel a 5 year anniversary trip.

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2013 at 8:59 Quote
B-Rock106 wrote:
Damm. Can't cancel a 5 year anniversary trip.

Sure you can. And the plus side will be that you won't have any other anniversaries after that to tie you up from riding!

Posted: Sep 12, 2013 at 10:59 Quote
Going to be a busy weekend up here with the Centurion Cycling event, so don't forget to give yourself a little extra time on the local roads if you're on the way up to ride. In other news, we have the tentative course outline for the Enduro on October 5th - subject to change, of course.

Timed Descent Stage 1: Embryo
Climb: The Grind
Timed Descent Stage 2: Squeeker
Climb: The Groove
Timed Descent Stage 3: Waterfall
Ascend: The lift
Timed Combined Stage 4: North XC Loop & Showcase
Ascend: The lift
Timed Combined Stage 5: Cory’s Loop XC & O-Chute

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2013 at 4:42 Quote
nice to have such an early conditions update today

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 at 5:28 Quote
Hope it stays open tomorrow......

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 at 18:42 Quote
80% chance of 5mm tomorrow afternoon. Looks like a huge system is passing by the bay tomorrow... Joy.

I'll be there tomorrow regardless.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016161
Mobile Version of Website