Specialized Big Hit riders thread to elect the coolest Big Hit...

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Specialized Big Hit riders thread to elect the coolest Big Hit...
Posted: Apr 16, 2012 at 0:46 Quote
archiv wrote:
which rear shock strength do you guys ride with the "newer" BigHit 2011 ?
I had 450lbs from the stock one, but it smashs several times with ~75kg on drops. after a upgrade to 550lbs its better, but appreciable harder... (stock X-Fusion shock)

Now i'm thinking about to buy a Fox VAN RC ... but with which strength?
Should the Fox VAN clearly be better than the X-Fusion, so I can go back to 450lbs or preventively 500lbs (between the old and my current) ??
I have a2009 big hit I think they are the same shape,I have a van rc and am 77kg and use a 500 spring as my 400 was bottoming out all the time :-)

Posted: Apr 16, 2012 at 8:48 Quote
headshottrev wrote:
Put me shivers back on & 24" front wheel & floating rotors

New Wheels amp 3 inch Nokians on 24 atomlabs

bender style Big Grin love those 24 big hits Wink

Posted: Apr 19, 2012 at 18:13 Quote
Has anyone noticed a travel reducer clip on the shock of their Bighit? Like the ones found on Demo 7's. Found one behind the rubber bump stop on the X-fusion shock of my 2010 Bighit FSR I.

On demo 7's people removed the clip and achieved around 7.8 inches I believe. I have removed the clip and will see how the bike feels tomorrow Smile

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2012 at 18:19 Quote
Kirby16 wrote:
Has anyone noticed a travel reducer clip on the shock of their Bighit? Like the ones found on Demo 7's. Found one behind the rubber bump stop on the X-fusion shock of my 2010 Bighit FSR I.

On demo 7's people removed the clip and achieved around 7.8 inches I believe. I have removed the clip and will see how the bike feels tomorrow Smile

What do you mean exactly? Could you post a picture or something? On my shock behind the rubber piece there's nothing except the rest of the shock...I think?

Posted: Apr 19, 2012 at 18:41 Quote
photo

This is a picture off a Demo 7 I found on here. Same clip as I found on my bighit. It is around 3mm think.

Posted: Apr 19, 2012 at 22:45 Quote
Kirby16 wrote:

They did that on the lowest spec bighit to reduce the rear travel to match the fork travel. You will just get 7.5 in as standard if you remove it.

Posted: Apr 20, 2012 at 6:15 Quote
mozz wrote:
Kirby16 wrote:

They did that on the lowest spec bighit to reduce the rear travel to match the fork travel. You will just get 7.5 in as standard if you remove it.

Ah I see, thanks. I still only have a 160mm fork on the bike so will see how it feels without the clip. Might feel strange

Posted: Apr 20, 2012 at 12:07 Quote
04 big hit comp protect
currently under reconstruction needs new rear wheel and shock bushes but will be running in 2 weeks its got my jump bike wheel in this pic

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 at 10:19 Quote
This is my finished project of my custom build Specialized Big Hit. Spec is 2010 frame Fox Van 36 180mm travel forks Fox DHX3 Rear Shock DT Swiss e2200 wheels Avid Elixir CR Carbon Brakes Nuke Proof Warhead Bars Cane Creek Headset WTB Devo Seat Blackspire 36 teeth Downhill chainring in red Ethirteen LG1 Chainguide N17 Grips and Chunder Tyres. I think the bike is awsome...Thoughts and opinions welcome..Cheers..

photo

my mate just finished his - Specialized big hit 2010 frame, Cane Creek tapered head set, Truvativ bottom bracket and Rukton downhill cranks. Red Truvativ downhill 36 teeth chainring, chain guide Ethirteen LG1+ . Kona wah wah pedals. Fox 36 van R 180mm 2011 forks, Fox DHX 3 rear shock. DT Swiss E2200 wheels, chunder tyres. 2012 Nuke proof warhead bars, 2011 Avid Elixir CR brakes carbon levers, SRAM X5 shifter, X7 derailleur. NC17 grips. Specialized 35mm stem, WTB Devo saddle.

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 at 10:23 Quote
ahogg16 wrote:
This is my finished project of my custom build Specialized Big Hit. Spec is 2010 frame Fox Van 36 180mm travel forks Fox DHX3 Rear Shock DT Swiss e2200 wheels Avid Elixir CR Carbon Brakes Nuke Proof Warhead Bars Cane Creek Headset WTB Devo Seat Blackspire 36 teeth Downhill chainring in red Ethirteen LG1 Chainguide N17 Grips and Chunder Tyres. I think the bike is awsome...Thoughts and opinions welcome..Cheers..

photo

my mate just finished his - Specialized big hit 2010 frame, Cane Creek tapered head set, Truvativ bottom bracket and Rukton downhill cranks. Red Truvativ downhill 36 teeth chainring, chain guide Ethirteen LG1+ . Kona wah wah pedals. Fox 36 van R 180mm 2011 forks, Fox DHX 3 rear shock. DT Swiss E2200 wheels, chunder tyres. 2012 Nuke proof warhead bars, 2011 Avid Elixir CR brakes carbon levers, SRAM X5 shifter, X7 derailleur. NC17 grips. Specialized 35mm stem, WTB Devo saddle.

That is a great little budget build. All really nice parts but not overly expensive.

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 at 10:29 Quote
That bike looks like great fun...

Heres mine
New upgrades for big hit

Suggestions on what colour rims i should get?

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 at 10:31 Quote
jamiemaclean94 wrote:

Heres mine
New upgrades for big hit

go white or red either would look good on that beast

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 at 10:32 Quote
jamiemaclean94 wrote:

Heres mine
New upgrades for big hit

Ano blue tup

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 at 10:39 Quote
Im thinking blue hub on white rim. But im tempted to get something a bit more lairy. Razz

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 at 10:43 Quote
Here's my Biggy Hitter, hope to put the following on in the not too distant future:

White 08/09 Boxxers
Black RaceFace Atlas cranks
A new rear shock

I love the denim saddle so that's staying! =D

photo
photo
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017918
Mobile Version of Website