24inch or 26inch dirt jump bike

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
24inch or 26inch dirt jump bike
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 8:21 Quote
im 12 and 5 foot 4 inchs tal sud i get a 24inch or a 26 inch dirt jump bik

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 15:07 Quote
I would go for the 24".. but thats just because I really like the feel of it being smaller, but not as small and unstable as a bmx. But thats mainly because I do alot of dirt/street and 26" was ok for dirt but a little big for street so id go in-between Razz

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 15:28 Quote
I ride a 24inch dmr and i find it the right balance its got all the advantages of a bmx, easyer to ride street than a 26 the only thing i find bad is buying tryers for 24inch in harder in new zealand because of the limited options

Posted: Jan 4, 2010 at 18:26 Quote
I hate 24's, with a passion. You will be a lot happier with 26's. Even though you arn't that big, you
will eventually grow in to it.

Posted: Jan 4, 2010 at 19:37 Quote
whats wrong with 24?
norcofreerider8 wrote:
I hate 24's, with a passion. You will be a lot happier with 26's. Even though you arn't that big, you
will eventually grow in to it.

Posted: Jan 4, 2010 at 19:50 Quote
Theres really no reason for it. Why not just get a bmx? Its just my opinion, but I just dont like them.

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 7:22 Quote
norcofreerider8 wrote:
Theres really no reason for it. Why not just get a bmx? Its just my opinion, but I just dont like them.

whats the point in 26"? why not get a bmx? same argument applies. Except 24" wheels are stronger,lighter and a much more practical and a more intelligent choice for riding dirt and park on a mtb.

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 7:48 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
norcofreerider8 wrote:

whats the point in 26"? why not get a bmx? same argument applies. Except 24" wheels are stronger,lighter and a much more practical and a more intelligent choice for riding dirt and park on a mtb.

I agree, I dont see how people cannot like them! They are lighter, smaller but not to small, stronger and just so much easier to throw around. I would reccomend them to most people except from DH and stuff..

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 14:17 Quote
Boothy518 wrote:
gutkrencher wrote:
norcofreerider8 wrote:

I agree, I dont see how people cannot like them! They are lighter, smaller but not to small, stronger and just so much easier to throw around. I would reccomend them to most people except from DH and stuff..
Yes! some people who think like me :-) 24 inch is alot more similiar to a 26ich dirt jumper than a bmx but you can have the added comfort of a suspention fork on a 24 and its easter to throw around than a 26

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 14:42 Quote
Go for the 26', when i was your age i was very small and had a spooky metalhead then changed to a pashley 24 mhz it was no wher near as good to ride as the being on a 26', we are all different though!

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 15:50 Quote
Get the best of both worlds and get a 25 inch wheel bike.

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 0:57 Quote
swabz1984 wrote:
Go for the 26', when i was your age i was very small and had a spooky metalhead then changed to a pashley 24 mhz it was no wher near as good to ride as the being on a 26', we are all different though!

lol. Pashley mhz were pretty much cruisers, not really a modern 24" mtb. I'm not surprised you thought it felt bad. a decent 24" will feel like a more nimble 26" bike and be more suitable.

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 1:01 Quote
ive seen people use the mhz for trials. anyway after having 26" and 24", 24" is a hell of a lot better, theyre lighter and stronger like people have said and i found it easier to ride park on 24" than 26".

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 1:09 Quote
there are some very strong vews for both 24 and 26 here

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 8:27 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
swabz1984 wrote:

lol. Pashley mhz were pretty much cruisers, not really a modern 24" mtb. I'm not surprised you thought it felt bad. a decent 24" will feel like a more nimble 26" bike and be more suitable.

Haha, yeah true thats must of been why, it just never felt right so it put me off 24"! Maybe i should give a modern 24" inch ago then?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012370
Mobile Version of Website