DH/4X - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
DH/4X - The Weight Game
Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 6:45 Quote
I was hitting a 30ft'er about a week ago in fairly strong winds and i was landing sketchy evertime and i was wrestling my bike to keep it level in the air and then some fat 10 year old punk on one of the old glory's came along and sailed through the air and landed fine

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 6:51 Quote
ktmmxrider wrote:
When you're trying to stay loose through a rough section, sure muscles will help you track the front end but the back end will always be skittish, even with a properly tuned shock.

okay yeah that makes sense.

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 8:18 Quote
thetake401 wrote:
ktmmxrider wrote:
When you're trying to stay loose through a rough section, sure muscles will help you track the front end but the back end will always be skittish, even with a properly tuned shock.

And again, Cedrico's point can be taken into consideration; Lighter wheels will deflect less in both the front and rear. When they do deflect, it will take less energy to straighten them out again.

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 8:27 Quote
hobbnobs wrote:
I was hitting a 30ft'er about a week ago in fairly strong winds and i was landing sketchy evertime and i was wrestling my bike to keep it level in the air and then some fat 10 year old punk on one of the old glory's came along and sailed through the air and landed fine

maybe you just have all the gear and no idea

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 8:31 Quote
NorCalWannabe wrote:
thetake401 wrote:
ktmmxrider wrote:

And again, Cedrico's point can be taken into consideration; Lighter wheels will deflect less in both the front and rear. When they do deflect, it will take less energy to straighten them out again.

Wheel weight would actually make the bike track straighter...

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 8:40 Quote
stryke wrote:
hobbnobs wrote:

maybe you just have all the gear and no idea

Perhaps, unlikely though.

I used to do the same jump on an almost daily basis on my old bike wind or no wind and never had a problem.

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 9:28 Quote
light : unstable - bears : shit in the woods

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 14:04 Quote
Has anyone used the Crank Brothers split QR? Is it stupid?

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 14:07 Quote
Circes wrote:
It will break. Because Crank Brothers.

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 14:13 Quote
Circes wrote:

Been using them a while but now after a view month's they are hard to close by hand,they are an bitch for you're hands then.

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 14:19 Quote
fantaman wrote:
Circes wrote:

Been using them a while but now after a view month's they are hard to close by hand,they are an bitch for you're hands then.

Yeah I had a couple too, got them mega cheaps on crc, what Fanta says. Once the British weather got to them they required noticeably more force to close up and you have to watch when releasing the 2 split clamps that you don't catch your nail on the underlapping skewer lever.

They still worked better than the old Hopes I used to have but not as well as Shimano skewers!

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 14:24 Quote
Interesting. If I were a missionary, I would preach the gospel of Thru Axle all the Things.

...but women can't be pastors.....goes back to kitchen.

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 17:28 Quote
Nobble wrote:
iggys wrote:
the rear hubs are boat anchors

8 spokes doesn't do jackshit
FYP.

the front wheel is sub 1000g
<Deleted photo>
<Deleted photo>
32 spokers

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 17:45 Quote
de-sticker those bitches. extra weight.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.047623
Mobile Version of Website