Report Scammers on PinkBike HERE - Read 1st Post Before Posting

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on PinkBike HERE - Read 1st Post Before Posting
Posted: Oct 12, 2011 at 1:10 Quote
themountainbikeking wrote:
Username: NormanPierceMTB

Link: http://normanpiercemtb.pinkbike.com/buysell/

Reason: This user is clearly a SCAMMER. He is selling items that he does not own or have. He is using a range of photos of other peoples items from all over Pinkbike and the internet. He has tried to be convincing by pretending to know information about each item for sale - but his wording lets him down on most items. All his items are priced at ''Bargain'' prices, enough to lure people in. He states on every listing he only accepts payment via PayPal GIFT. I pretended to enquire for an item and asked to pay via PayPal GOODS - he refused! His PayPal address: TTGVayZaa@hotmail.co.uk consists of just letters and numbers, suggesting it has been setup purely for fraudulent activity. His name is Norman Pierce - or so he claims. Put this into Google, Roots and Rain and Facebook and nothing comes up. Yet he claims he lives in London, has raced and is real. His tagline is also suggestive of that of a scammer - ''Havent been on this site for atleast 2 years, forgot password to old PB account.'' Just check out his Profile to read more.

Please BAN this SCAMMER before he STEALS peoples hard earned cash. By the looks of it he already has, as he has marked several items as SOLD.

Dirty bastard.Madder You know when you come on here and see a part that you are after and hey its cheap, so you think I will quickly go for that before someone else does, well i did and guess what? yeh it was Norman pierce. I sent him the money via paypal as gift, then got a mail ten mins later saying he hadnt received it. WhatEek I sent to the mail address he supplied I told him, I even mentioned to him that this better not be a fukn scam. His reply was that he gave me a mail address with 2A's instead of one and that he wasnt a some 12 year old scammer.So I have sent £15 to either the right or wrong e-mail address and more than likely not going to see it or my item. Not too bothered about the money as its nots hundreds, but pissed that this prick has pulled a fast one. So long story short it pays to ask several questions before buying, check their account history etc and I know it can be tempting to dive straight in when you see a good deal but think 1st before commiting.

Posted: Oct 12, 2011 at 1:36 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Gone.
Is he banned then? His listings are still active..

Posted: Oct 12, 2011 at 1:38 Quote
vikingskull1000 wrote:

Reason: This user is clearly a SCAMMER. He is selling items that he does not own or have. He is using a range of photos of other peoples items from all over Pinkbike and the internet. He has tried to be convincing by pretending to know information about each item for sale - but his wording lets him down on most items. All his items are priced at ''Bargain'' prices, enough to lure people in. He states on every listing he only accepts payment via PayPal GIFT. I pretended to enquire for an item and asked to pay via PayPal GOODS - he refused! His PayPal address: TTGVayZaa@hotmail.co.uk consists of just letters and numbers, suggesting it has been setup purely for fraudulent activity. His name is Norman Pierce - or so he claims. Put this into Google, Roots and Rain and Facebook and nothing comes up. Yet he claims he lives in London, has raced and is real. His tagline is also suggestive of that of a scammer - ''Havent been on this site for atleast 2 years, forgot password to old PB account.'' Just check out his Profile to read more.

Please BAN this SCAMMER before he STEALS peoples hard earned cash. By the looks of it he already has, as he has marked several items as SOLD.

Dirty bastard.Madder You know when you come on here and see a part that you are after and hey its cheap, so you think I will quickly go for that before someone else does, well i did and guess what? yeh it was Norman pierce. I sent him the money via paypal as gift, then got a mail ten mins later saying he hadnt received it. WhatEek I sent to the mail address he supplied I told him, I even mentioned to him that this better not be a fukn scam. His reply was that he gave me a mail address with 2A's instead of one and that he wasnt a some 12 year old scammer.So I have sent £15 to either the right or wrong e-mail address and more than likely not going to see it or my item. Not too bothered about the money as its nots hundreds, but pissed that this prick has pulled a fast one. So long story short it pays to ask several questions before buying, check their account history etc and I know it can be tempting to dive straight in when you see a good deal but think 1st before commiting.

Gutted for you mate. If it seems to good to be true it's because it usually is. Frown

Posted: Oct 12, 2011 at 1:52 Quote
vikingskull1000 wrote:

Gutted for you mate. If it seems to good to be true it's because it usually is. Frown

I no pal. I feel more fo the younger kids that save their hard earned cash to then go and buy something on here only to be ripped off. Maybe their should be something in the buying and selling section that states all Paypal payments should not be marked as gifts so that if it does go tits up then they are covered by Paypal (I know that their will be fees but maybe this should be factored in on the sellers price). Is this something worth considering or is it just a risk we have to take??

Posted: Oct 12, 2011 at 2:01 Quote
vikingskull1000 wrote:
vikingskull1000 wrote:

I no pal. I feel more fo the younger kids that save their hard earned cash to then go and buy something on here only to be ripped off. Maybe their should be something in the buying and selling section that states all Paypal payments should not be marked as gifts so that if it does go tits up then they are covered by Paypal (I know that their will be fees but maybe this should be factored in on the sellers price). Is this something worth considering or is it just a risk we have to take??

I don't think so. I think we just need to wise upto scammers more and let people know that every time you purchase a part via Pinkbike you are at risk of being scammed, so be careful, ask questions and pay via a safe method.

Posted: Oct 12, 2011 at 2:12 Quote
vikingskull1000 wrote:

I don't think so. I think we just need to wise upto scammers more and let people know that every time you purchase a part via Pinkbike you are at risk of being scammed, so be careful, ask questions and pay via a safe method.
your profile says your 35 you should know better than to pay by gift to save 3 or 4 dollars
I don't like scammers but one must show common scents

Posted: Oct 12, 2011 at 3:05 Quote
wanabe wrote:
vikingskull1000 wrote:

your profile says your 35 you should know better than to pay by gift to save 3 or 4 dollars
I don't like scammers but one must show common sense

Posted: Oct 12, 2011 at 6:56 Quote
vikingskull1000 wrote:

Fair play. I know I will not be paying by gift next time round.

Posted: Oct 12, 2011 at 10:20 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Gone.
Is he banned then? His listings are still active..

And marked as a scammer.

Posted: Oct 12, 2011 at 10:22 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
kinetic-uk wrote:
http://cycling001.pinkbike.com

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/950562/

Another classic scam on the site...

more adverts:

http://cycling001.pinkbike.com/buysell

Thanks kindly.

Posted: Oct 12, 2011 at 16:31 Quote
2 mins ago
lin111 says:
Please i need your help,

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you, I am Ms Flora Zike yrs the only child of Late Mr. & Mrs. Jason Zike. My father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant in Ivory Coast , the economic capital of Abidjan Ivory Coast, my father was poisoned to death by his business associates on of their outings on a business trip .

My mother died when I was a baby and since then my father took me so special. Before the death of my father in a private hospital here he secretly called me on his bed side and told me that he has the sum of Two Million five hundred thousand dollar left in fixed / suspense account in of the prime bank here in Ivory Coast, that he used my name as his only Daughter for the next of Kin in depositing of the fund. He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was poisoned by his business associates on their business trip to Ghana. Please i need you to help me to transfer the my into your account.

() To provide a bank account where this my will be transferred into .
() To serve as a guardian of this fund since I am only years.
() To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my education and to secure a resident permit in your country.

Moreover, Dear, I am willing to offer you % of the total sum as compensation for your effort/ input after the successful transfer of this my into your account contact me through my private email confidential floraszike@yahoo.com

Best Regard
Flora Zike
E-mail floraszike@yahoo.com

lin111 is a scammer?

Posted: Oct 12, 2011 at 16:34 Quote
Just got the same in my inbox. Sent it to PB spammer notification

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015611
Mobile Version of Website