*WARNING* Manchester/Stockport members of PInkbike *WARNING*

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
*WARNING* Manchester/Stockport members of PInkbike *WARNING*
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 11:34 Quote
I've been asked to make this thread warning users of Pinkbike who use BuySell in the Manchester area (particularly Stockport) That there is a theft ring going on in where two (now banned) individuals going by the names of Jordan Bowlas and Darren Goddard are inquiring about bikes to buy from sellers, then whom are acquiring their addresses to steal their bikes.

If you are contacted by these individuals, or by anyone asking to visit your home address, DO NOT provide you address to them. They are bike thieves. Please be aware of giving out home addresses or home telephone numbers to strangers. They can track down your home address vis home numbers too.

Regards.

Pinkbike BuySell Moderator.

Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 12:14 Quote
Hi,

To back this up I have been plagued by these characters and they are a right pair. Please look at my profile for a typical text conversation I had with one of them today.

Don't give anything away as these little sods will be come to pay you a visit when you least expect it, and will relieve you of your pride and joy.

They are well know to the police and they have a taste for top end high spec bikes and before you know it they'll have them in bits.

Be careful.

Cheers

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 19:08 Quote
Wow what a pair of scumbags. I'm not from that area of the country but I hope no one else is unlucky enough to get done over by these oxygen thieves.

Posted: Mar 28, 2013 at 9:04 Quote
Thanks for the heads up..a cpl of mates and my self have been robbed in the Stockport area for expensive bikes..

Posted: Mar 28, 2013 at 11:30 Quote
I think my might have to set these little scums up, and hand them over to the police.

Posted: Mar 28, 2013 at 14:09 Quote
Just to add my piece to this.

Back in June last year my mate has his £4k 2012 Orange Five nicked from Stockport. At the same time he was selling an Orange P7 on here. A member called ‘Gtchuckerjordan’ got in touch with my mate and a viewing was arranged at my mate’s house. This Jordan guy never turned up though. Around a week later on a Friday night, my mate’s garage was broken into and the Orange Five was nicked. They tried taking the P7 but they couldn’t get through one of the locks (An Aldi One).

Then a few days later we found his bike being offered on here by a member called ‘awud’. Luckily for my mate, im a serving Police Officer for Greater Manchester Police. I set up a fake account on here and got in touch regarding the five. I got ‘awud’s’ number but he wouldn’t give me his address (would only meet somewhere). I got some pics sent to me of the Five he was selling and we were 100% sure it was my mates (all custom parts). I went into work and did some detective work and luckily this ‘awud’ had called the police about another incident on the number he gave me. An address was linked to the number and I helped sort out a Warrant on his address in Salford. The warrant was done and the bike was found in his shed. He was arrested but it couldn’t be proved he carried out the Burglary. He was charged with Handling Stolen Goods and was then convicted of it at court. My mate got his five back, minus his pedals and with a few marks to the frame.

Gtchuckerjordan and Awud follow each other on Pinkbike. I’m aware that Gtchuckerjordan’s account has been suspended but Awud’s is still active. Can anything be done to get awud kicked off here considering he has been convicted of having a stolen bike that was nicked only a few days prior to him trying to sell it? I would have been in touch regarding this but having a little baby daughter and working daft hours ive never been able to get round to it.

Also in Feb this year I was selling a Giant Reign and ‘Goddard94’ enquired about it. I ignored him and then it sold, he mithered me if I was selling anymore bike.

I then posted a thread saying a wanted a 30.9 dropper post. ‘evo8jordan’ offered me a post but then I bought a new one anyway. I told him this but then he was asking a load of weird questions.

These two guys are bang at it and I wouldn’t like to think how many people they have had over. I done cover the stockport area so cant really get too involved but hopefully the cops in Stockport are all over these two.

My mate got very lucky with me being a cop (I got a free curry out of it) and this ‘awud’ selling his five so soon after it was nicked. Just hope there is a way of keeping these guys of Pinkbike forever.

Posted: Mar 28, 2013 at 14:23 Quote
Just checked up on Awud. He has been found out. Good stuff.

Posted: Mar 28, 2013 at 14:23 Quote
Mancian,' Awud is now banned from the site.

GTChuckerJordan/Evo8Jordan are the same person. I passed on some intelligence to the Greater Manchester police on Jordan Bowlas and Darren Goddard a few days ago regarding a theft in Hazel Grove as I suspect they may be involved.

Cheers.

Posted: Mar 28, 2013 at 15:41 Quote
Would not be surprised if its the same two that robbed my bikes....would love to meet them some were dark.

Posted: Mar 28, 2013 at 18:18 Quote
Hi bellys

I would like to join you in that meeting. These little scum bags need stopping I've seen them both on Facebook and they are just weed smoking scumbags with a taste for top end bikes.

There names on face book are
Jordan ginge bowlas and Goddard chronic Darren.

Have a look, Jordan has a unhealthy album of top end bikes which I suspect have been stolen.

I think a group of Stockport cyclists and pink bike members need to pay them a visit and give them a friendly warning!!!

Posted: Mar 29, 2013 at 0:28 Quote
Just been alerted to this. Sadly on this Jordan's FB page there is a pic of what looks like my Commencal Supreme DH V3... Stolen from the same area. Some components look different but some of it not... Is there a way to track back through his selling history now his account is blocked? Might help me to trace it to the next 'owner'. I've got the frame number and detailed photos of the marks on it should I need to show the police.

Posted: Mar 29, 2013 at 1:04 Quote
stingmered wrote:
Just been alerted to this. Sadly on this Jordan's FB page there is a pic of what looks like my Commencal Supreme DH V3... Stolen from the same area. Some components look different but some of it not... Is there a way to track back through his selling history now his account is blocked? Might help me to trace it to the next 'owner'. I've got the frame number and detailed photos of the marks on it should I need to show the police.

I'm f*cking fuming Sean he has also got a photo of what looks like my rockrider....

Posted: Mar 29, 2013 at 1:49 Quote
Mancian is my mate who helped me get my five back within 2days.
I have a young family who were and still are upset about these scum breaking into my family space! Who just take your hobby and sell it for peanuts.
Handler only got a £256 fine and court fee £100 even though he was trying to sell it for nearly £2000 nearly half price!
I can nearly be 100% sure these idiots were involved.Well awud anyway.
As for myself and everyone else would love to meet these guys just give all your info to the police and get them off the street.

Posted: Mar 29, 2013 at 6:48 Quote
stingmered wrote:

GTChuckerJordan/evo8Jordan were on my friends list since he joined, I never got a notification of a Commencal frame whenever he sold something, but, he did have shocks for sale and some tubeless wheels.

GtChuckerJordans History CLICK HERE

Evo8Jordans History CLICK HERE

Posted: Mar 29, 2013 at 8:23 Quote
I think I've stired up a hornets nest. But if it stops these little shits I'm glad!

Cheers

J

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010658
Mobile Version of Website