Leatt brace + body amour

PB Forum :: Downhill
Leatt brace + body amour
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 23, 2010 at 9:55 Quote
Im looking for a body amour SPECIFICALLY designed for leatt brace that can be worn under the jersey and with the leatt brace on top... the only one I found was the 661 core saver, but im looking for one with shoulder protection... I want the armour to be designed to work for the leatt without any modification! What do you recommend?

Posted: May 23, 2010 at 10:42 Quote
I recently got the Knox warrior BC9 armour.
Its especially made to be used with a neck brace, the rear spine plate has a large cut out so you can place the neck brace straight over your jersey and it fits perfectly. The armour doesnt interfere anywere.

Check it out here -
http://www.knox-armour.co.uk/product.html?product=warriorbc9

Its also extremely light armour, as it doesnt have much material except for the armour, so you dont get hot and stuffy in it. Great protection and it meets all protection standards.

P.s - my friend has the leatt compatible 661 coresaver and it doesnt work with his leatt, even with the plates taken off it still pushes the leatt up into his helmet.

Posted: May 23, 2010 at 13:03 Quote
Looks nice, but I dont have that much money... im looking for something more less $130! I looked at the new core saver designed for the leatt brace, but thats the only armour ive seen designed for the leatt...

O+
Posted: May 23, 2010 at 14:40 Quote
I took the idea of the Core Saver, and modified my original 661 Pressure Suit, since it has the same back plates as the Core Saver. Basically I just removed the top 3 plates (since they don't have snaps, I can't put them back on though). This way, I can wear my pressure suit with my Leatt, and not cut holes in my jerseys.

photo
photo
photo

Posted: May 23, 2010 at 14:45 Quote
mmm yeah but the front part of the suit interferes with the leatt so its not the same...

O+
Posted: May 23, 2010 at 14:48 Quote
estebangomez00 wrote:
mmm yeah but the front part of the suit interferes with the leatt so its not the same...

Nope. The front chest plate is flat enough that it doesn't interfere. I have no problems with it at all and have ridden like this for a whole season. The most important thing is that the back piece fits close to your spine.

Posted: May 23, 2010 at 14:56 Quote
Those of you who are using the leatt's, which model are you using?

O+
Posted: May 23, 2010 at 14:59 Quote
Idaho wrote:
Those of you who are using the leatt's, which model are you using?

GPX Club... i think that's what it's called. The second from top of the line. It's the same as the Sport model, minus the carbon fibre. The Adventure lacks a lot of the adjustability of these models.

Posted: May 23, 2010 at 15:11 Quote
I have the adventure and i like it... i just sold my 661 pressure suit, and need a body armour with chest, back and shoulder protection designed for the leatt!!!
any suggestions?

Posted: May 23, 2010 at 15:23 Quote
smike wrote:
photo

I'm still amazed that you wear all that plus a pack. Thanks for helping out in the thread.

O+
Posted: May 23, 2010 at 16:25 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
smike wrote:
photo

I'm still amazed that you wear all that plus a pack. Thanks for helping out in the thread.

what can I say? I don't like to get hurt Smile almost got heat stoke last summer in whistler though

Posted: May 23, 2010 at 19:31 Quote
i want an armour like the core saver but with shoulder pads

O+
Posted: May 23, 2010 at 19:47 Quote
I use the 661 core saver and haven`t had any problems fitting my leatt brace on, the core saver is awesome you don`t even feel that you are wearing it.
photo
photo

Posted: May 23, 2010 at 20:17 Quote
is the guy on the second picture wearing it???

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016174
Mobile Version of Website